Starting anything new can be a little nerve-wracking and that’s especially true when it comes to healthcare. We understand! Here’s a check list outlining the referral process and what to expect at each clinic location.
- Your referral will begin with our intake department, who will process your referrals, complete the prior authorizations, and contact you directly.
- You will know of any out of pocket costs up front.
- The referral is processed through our pharmacy department, who reviews the physician order thoroughly and obtains the medication and supplies.
- The referral will then be completed by our nursing department, who will contact you to determine the best location and schedule to meet your needs.
- Our staff members are thoroughly trained to provide prompt symptom management and they complete ongoing assessments for response to therapy. Our staff members participate in frequent physician follow-ups and develop individualized care plans. Your nurse will complete your assessment and make sure that you have a secure IV access before beginning your infusion.
- Patients: Click here to learn how to request a referral from your physician.
- Providers: Click here to get the forms needed to refer a patient to IV Care Options as well as a help number.